So. A sweater was injured in the making of this recipe. I’d never deseeded a pomegranate before, and…well. It was a problem. Even though I followed this super-helpful tutorial.
But the end product was so incredibly worth it, and since Christmas is coming (and since you can actually buy pomegranate seeds in little containers in the grocery store), I knew you’d want to make this recipe. It’s incredibly simple, incredibly delicious and worth every second of the maybe five minutes of prep time this takes.
If you’re not Paleo or primal or any of those things, you can use normal semi-sweet chocolate for this, or whatever type of chocolate you prefer. You could probably also use white chocolate, which would be equally as delicious. The possibilities are endless. Just remember that it needs to freeze for at least an hour before serving, so give yourself plenty of time.
- 10 ounces Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Mega Chunks (one bag)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Melt chips in a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth (about 2 mins in my microwave). Mix coconut into melted chocolate.
- Spread coconut and chocolate on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. It won’t fill the whole sheet, so don’t even try. It’s fine.
- Sprinkle on pomegranate seeds; press into mixture if you feel like they’ll fall off.
- Freeze for at least one hour or until hard. Break into pieces and serve immediately.